On Sep 4, 2018, the European Chemical Agency (ECHA) launched its public consultation on six potential Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC). The six proposed substances in the consultation are listed as below. The deadline for commenting is October 19, 2018.
The six additional substances application of the SVHC list are as follows:
1. 2,2-bis(4′-hydroxyphenyl)-4-methylpentane: The majority of patents are for use in polymers, other minor uses include drugs/biocides, surface coatings, inks, adhesives etc.
2. Benzo[k]fluoranthene: Uses include coatings, adhesives, road and construction application and cleaning agents.
3. Fluoranthene: Uses include coatings, adhesives, road and construction application and cleaning agents
4. Phenanthrene: Uses in Coatings and paints, uses in road and construction application, in binders or release agents, uses in lubricants, in cleaning agents
5. Pyrene: Uses in coatings, uses in road and construction applications, in binders or agents, cleaning agents
6. Undecafluorohexanoic acid and its ammonium salt: Its precursors can be used as surfactants or as monomers for the production of side-chain fluorinated polymers.