- Posted by: HQTS
The European Commission has recently notified World Trade Organization (WTO) of the amendments to Toy Safety Directive, and is seeking feedback on specific limit values it is proposing to adopt for formaldehyde and aluminum in toys.
|G/TBT/N/EU/626||10/12/2018||Draft Commission Directive amending, for the purposes of adaptation to technical and scientific developments, point 13 of part III of Annex II to Directive 2009/48/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on the safety of toys, as regards aluminum.|
This Draft lowers the migration limits for aluminum as below:
· 2250 mg/kg in dry, brittle, powder-like or pliable toy material
· 560 mg/kg in liquid or sticky toy material
· 28130 mg/kg in scraped-off toy material
|G/TBT/N/EU/635||18/12/2018||Draft Commission Directive amending Appendix C to Annex II to Directive 2009/48/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council for the purpose of adopting specific limit values for chemicals used in certain toys, as regards formaldehyde.|
This draft Commission Directive aims to include, in Appendix C to Annex II to Directive 2009/48/EC, limit values for formaldehyde in polymeric toy material, resin-bonded wood toy material, textile toy material, leather toy material, paper toy material and water-based toy material.
Proposed limit values for formaldehyde:
· 1,5 mg/l (migration limit) in polymeric toy material
· 0,1 ml/m3 (emission limit) in resin-bonded wood toy material
· 30 mg/kg (content limit) in textile toy material
· 30 mg/kg (content limit) in leather toy material
· 30 mg/kg (content limit) in paper toy material
· 10 mg/kg (content limit) in water-based toy material