Uganda Pre-Export Verification of Conformity
Export/Import Goods to Uganda
The Uganda Pre-Export Verification of Conformity (PVoC) is operated by the Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS). The Uganda PVoC is a product conformity assessment program that controls commodities covering 11 product categories. It is mandatory for all businesses exporting regulated products into Uganda to demonstrate compliance with the Uganda standards.
HQTS is one of only six companies appointed by the UNBS to provide PVoC services for general goods.
Uganda is a country that has undergone significant economic development and modernisation in recent years. The country had a robust economy showcasing an average annual growth of 4.5% between 2016-2021. During this period, Uganda’s imports have risen steadily and are now estimated to be valued at $7.94 billion, a number that is expected to continue growing. HQTS is your one-stop shop for all Uganda PVoC needs!
Snapshot of the Uganda Pre-Export Verification of Conformity (PVoC)
- All products regulated under the 11 product categories must verify their compliance with the Uganda standards by holding a CoC certification issued by an authorised third party inspection agency, such as HQTS.
- The programme protects Ugandans and local manufacturers from sub-standard, unsafe, counterfeit products and materials.
- The PVoC certificate demonstrates that the imported product complies with Ugandan technical regulations/approved standards.
- The guiding principle of the PVoC is based on Article 5 of Technical Barriers to Trade,
- HQTS is one of four companies authorised to provide the Uganda PVoC certificate service.
Product Categories Covered By the PVoC
- Electrical and electronics, including solar panels and systems
- Automotive products and inputs
- Chemical commodities
- Mechanical materials and gas appliances, including construction materials and items
- Textile, leather, plastic and rubber
- Furniture including wood and metal articles
- Paper and stationery
- Protective safety equipment
- Food and food products
- Used commodities, including used motor vehicles
Why Choose HQTS for Uganda PVOC?
HQTS is one of six companies in the world authorised to provide Uganda PVoC services for general goods. We can help your company to comply with Uganda standards and get a hassle-free export to Uganda. We have a dedicated team to assist you at every step of the application process.
- More than 20 offices around the world, including an office in Kampala, Uganda.
- 25+ years of experience in quality assurance.
- In-depth industry knowledge of a wide range of national and international standards.
- Quality service provider at every step of the process.
- HQTS offers fast, flexible, and reliable services for all your inspection needs.
Are you exporting goods to Uganda? Contact us today to learn more about our Uganda PVoC services!