- Posted by: HQTS
The Technical Committee CEN/TC 52 “Safety of toys” published the updated standard EN 71-8:2018 Safety of toys – Part 8: Activity toys for domestic use. It supersedes EN71-8:2011.
This European Standard shall be given the status of a national standard, either by publication of an identical text or by endorsement, at the latest by July 2018, and conflicting national standards shall be withdrawn at the latest by July 2018.
Compared to the current version, the main modifications are:
- A new subclause on water accumulation
- Revised requirements and test method on head and neck entrapment
- Revised requirements on finger entrapment
- Revised requirements on the impact from swing elements
- Requirements on the impact from swing elements
- New requirements and test method on for falling protection of swings with double seats
- Revised requirements for warning, marking and instructions for paddling pools
- Revised requirements on number of users on slides for stability and strength tests
- Revised requirements on stability tests for slides and see-saws
- Revised requirements for toggle tests