A sample checking service involves inspecting a relatively small number of items from a batch or lot, for a range of specifications such as appearance, workmanship, safety, functions, etc. prior to mass production.
It is an essential step before the manufacturing process, beginning with a physical inspection of a product sample before production begins in order to spot any defects prior to mass production. And during the sample checking process, the physical and functional characteristics of the product should also be verified against engineer drawings, a purchase order, specifications and/or other design documents, ensuring the quality of sample meets with specified requirements to avoid bulk quality problems during the manufacturing process, as well as the reliability and consistency of the manufacturing process and final product.
HQTS sample checking service mainly includes:
- Quantity check: check the quantity of finished goods to be manufactured
- Workmanship Check: check the degree of skill and the quality of materials and finished product based on a design
- Style, Color & Documentation: check whether the product style and color are consistent with the specifications and other design documents
- Field Test & Measurement:
- Test the procedure and product in actual situation reflecting the intended use;
- Survey of the existing condition and the comparison of dimensions with those shown on drawings at the field site
- Shipping Mark & Packaging: check whether the shipping mark and packages comply with relevant requirements.
The Pre-Production Inspection (PPI) is a type of quality control inspection conducted before the production process begins to assess the quantity and quality of the raw materials and components, and whether they are in conformity with product specifications.
During Production Inspection (DPI) or otherwise known as DUPRO, is a quality control inspection conducted while production is underway, and is especially good for products that are in continuous production.
The Pre-Shipment Inspection (PSI) is one of many types of quality control inspections conducted by HQTS. It is an important step in the quality control process and is the method for checking the quality of goods before they are shipped.