Supply Chain Management in Manufacturing
HQTS provides operation management services in manufacturing as the core service of our supply chain management solutions.
HQTS Operation Teams provide a holistic solution in engineering, planning, and quality control, so our clients can steadily improve their manufacturing operations performance. This consolidates all production processes including project management, advanced planning and scheduling, manufacturing quality control, supplier sustaining and improvement.
With HQTS professional service, our clients can benefit from:
- Increased visibility of supply chain management in manufacturing
- Quick launch of new products
- Consistent product quality
- On-time delivery
- Cost effectiveness of overall supply chain operations in manufacturing
Our teams are made up of seasoned professionals, with a wide range of skills and expertise including order fulfillment, manufacturing-flow management, supplier relationship management, product development, and commercialization.
We actively help our customers to manage supply chain operations in manufacturing through Supplier Program Management and Supplier Quality Management.
Supplier Program Management
Planning is essential in Supply Chain Management. HQTS Operation Teams implement advanced planning tools, which allows them to closely monitor and evaluate the entire delivery process. It also increases the visibility of any potential risks in the order fulfillment process, making these risks easier to prevent.
This service includes:
- Forecasting demand for materials or products
- Creating supply plans to ensure availability of raw materials
- Evaluating suppliers and determining the effectiveness customers’ multiple supplier strategies
- Identifying supply chain risks and mitigation steps
- Analyzing inventories to determine how to improve inventory turns, reduce waste, and optimize customer service
- Managing purchasing, inventory control, and warehousing
- Coordinating the supply chain with client’s other functional areas
- Communicating status, risks, and influence change
- Driving change initiatives and process improvements.
Supplier Quality Management
HQTS assigns a dedicated project manager and team to collaborate on all partner programs and quality control projects. This includes Product Design Qualification, New Product Introduction, Manufacturing Quality Control, Sustainability and Improvement.
Product Design Qualification
A dedicated HQTS project manager links clients with partners in Asia for product development to streamline new product launches. This enables concurrent planning and product development, reducing time-to-manufacture and improving efficiency.
The service includes:
- Early involvement for the new product development plans
- Ensuring vendors provide the resources to support product development projects
- Interfacing with vendors on production readiness and fulfillment
- Complete Bill of Material (BOM) management
- Handling packaging instructions and artwork
- Specification deployment into engineering build process
- Production monitoring of engineering build
- First article inspection
- Testing against regulation requirements
- Verifying reliability
- Designing change management
- Initiation and tracking DFM & CLCA for design optimization
New Product Introduction
The New Product Introduction (NPI) program covers bulk production readiness review. HQTS teams use the pilot control process approach to monitor the real production line and keep a consistent production capability and quality level. The HQTS project management team acts as the main contact to lead cross-functional teams and external partners for new production ramp and product transitions.
This service includes:
- Tracking inventory and supply for NPI or production transition projects
- Acting as the primary material liaison with ODM/CM/Suppliers
- Driving ramp readiness with external partners
- Planning and executing the development of NPI build
- Ensuring products transition to production according to specific cost, quality, and capacity targets
- Ensuring daily input and output plans, and reviewing build plans
- Acting as the key contact for CLCA to drive corrective and preventive action
- Managing mass production or repair line schedules
- Driving cross-functional teams to optimize the supply chain
- Accounting for risks, changes in schedule or demand.
Manufacturing Quality Control
HQTS operation teams ensure the utmost quality of products through continuous communication, consistent control, and a strong design in the quality control standards and methodologies shared with outsourced vendors. Ultimately, HQTS ensures that our customers’ products are always delivered at a consistent level of quality.
This service includes:
- Performing quality review of suppliers’ work
- Working closely with clients to update and implement changes to quality processes and criteria
- Tracking, measuring, and reporting quality metrics
- Driving ongoing quality improvement programs
- Implementing process standardization, monitoring cost, and driving efficiencies
- Providing daily, weekly, and monthly reports
- Identifying and reviewing opportunities to improve operations
- Initiating and implementing failure analysis, root cause analysis, and corrective action
Sustainability and Improvement
The HQTS engineering team with extensive experience in various manufacturing processes focuses on:
- Continuously review manufacturing processes to identify any variables that may impact quality and implement changes to achieve optimal process parameters.
- Identify critical factors impacting operations in terms of cost, supply chain, quality, and scalability, to maintain a high and stable manufacturing yield.
- Tracking UPPH trends to meet improvement goals and maximize manufacturing efficiency.
- Promote LEAN manufacturing for process improvement.
- Perform routine audits to ensure processes and equipment are in excellent condition.
- Regularly report progress updates, weekly yield trends, and production efficiency status.